Scholarship by Sogang GSIS
There are 4 types of scholarship supported by Sogang GSIS as follows.
- Scholarship A: 100% reduction of tuition fee
- Scholarship B: 75% reduction of tuition fee
- Scholarship C: 50% reduction of tuition fee
- Scholarship D: 25% reduction of tuition fee
In the 1st semester, new students who meet the certain academic standards are entitled to receive a scholarship according to their performance in the admission process (documents and interview score).
From the 2nd semester on, the amount of scholarship will be determined according to the GPA of the previous semester. The scholarship granted in the first semester is not automatically guaranteed until the fourth semester. That is, scholarship can vary every semester according to your academic performance (GPA).
2nd semester students who want to receive GSIS scholarship should meet two conditions below.
- should acquire 9 credits or more on the previous semester
- should have GPA of 3.5 or above (for Master)/4.0 or above (for Ph.D.) on the previous semester
From the 3rd semester, students who want to receive GSIS scholarship should meet one more condition below.
- should submit English test result with the certain required score during their first year at Sogang GSIS
(IELTS 6.5 or above, TOEIC 850 or above, TEPS 700 or above, TOEFL (iBT) 85 or above)
(Students who graduated from the university in the English speaking countries are exempt from the third condition.)
(Students who already met the required score when they applied for Sogang GSIS don't need to resubmit it.)
Students can apply for TA or RA from the 2nd semester for the additional scholarship.
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Program by NIIED
The NIIED (National Institute for International Education; Korean governmental institute) invites international students at the beginning of every year for Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Program. International students can apply for the GKS through Sogang GSIS (University track) or Korean embassy (Embassy track) in their home countries for every fall semester admission.
The GKS is a full-scholarship program having a lot of benefits including living costs, etc. Sogang GSIS has about 28 enrolled GKS students on average. For more details regarding this program, please refer to the website of NIIED. ( http://www.niied.go.kr)
* The duration of GKS
1 year Language Courses + 2 year Degree Courses
1 year Language Courses + 3 year Degree Courses
POSCO Asia Fellowship by POSCO TJ Park Foundation
POSCO Asia Fellowship supports prospective leaders of Asia by providing tuition and living expenses to young intellectuals from Asian countries as they enroll in Master's or Doctoral courses at some of the most prestigious Korean universities and institutions and learn more about various aspects of Korean society and culture.
* Eligibility :
- Asian students who will receive or received undergraduate degree
(* Asian excluding dual nationality or Korean citizenship)
- Students who will apply for masters, doctoral
- GPA must be more than 3.0 out of 4.0
* Benefits : Tuition, living expenses, settlement fee, Korean language classes provided, etc.
- For masters : Tuition for 4 semesters and living expenses for 22 months (KRW 1,000,000/ month)
- For doctoral : Tuition for 6 semesters and living expenses for 22 months (KRW 1,000,000/ month)
Since 2019, students need to apply for both POSCO TJ Park Foundation and Sogang GSIS. So students need to submit required documents to both institutions. For more information, please refer to the POSCO Asia Fellowship website. (http://www.postf.org/en/main.do)